Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring Cleaning

First, I want to thank Randie for helping me freshen my blog site and clear up a couple of problems.
Second, those who would like to comment should now be able to without any problem....we think we got that worked out.
Third, just a reminder....this is my personal blog.  It is not necessarily endorsed or supported by the churches I serve and the opinions here are my opinions...not anyone elses.

Now that the got the housecleaning chores done, I'm thinking about Spring cleaning....
Why do we clean in the Spring?  Is it because everything has been closed in tight during the winter and we feel the need to let the germs out?  Or the fresh air in?  Or both?
Why is it that traditionally we go "from top to bottom and clean every inch of the place we live"?  Why not bottom to top?  And why every inch---does every inch of where you live REALLY need cleaning?

I think these practices, done with deliberateness and prayerfully, could actually be holy moments of Lent preparing for Easter.  Our Lord cleanses those who are unclean.  He makes us whole from top to toes---from brain saying yes to feet walking forward in faith.  We celebrate new life, new beginnings, fresh air from God and we celebrate them in the Spring--on Easter. 

It is truly awesome that we can examine our spiritual "houses"--our lives, our routines, our habits, our faith, and we can clean out during Lent so that we have room and space for new life in Christ.  God is so very, very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment