Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Recently, much of my own prayer work has focused on centering myself in the deep peace of Christ.
This doesn't mean  that problems go away or that trouble doesn't come, but rather, it means that the way in which I am going to approach the issue and try to act comes from that deep place of being at peace with Christ being in charge instead of me.
Now I'm not always good at this....I sorta think most of us have a lot of work to do yet in this area.
But, if I see that the world needs to become a kinder, more civil, more peace-oriented place, than---at least what I have been taught---is that this begins with me....Remember the old song, "let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me"?
What if all the "me/s" in the world [just a note--that includes the me/s reading this] were to constantly start their day, their project, their job, their conversations by centering in the deep peace of Christ first and then,---OH I KNOW IT"S RISKY---but then, let Christ speak through you?  What do you think would happen to the person you are speaking to?  What do you think would happen to you?  
Can we change the world?  You BET!  How?
Stop trying to be it all, do it all, and get it all.
Center
in the DEEP peace 
of Christ.
Live, speak, work, dance, love, act, stand
in the DEEP peace
of Christ.
Breathe.
Risk.
And let Christ do the hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment