Tuesday, February 7, 2012

More than enough!

My goodness, how I have felt your prayers and support the last few days!  Wow!  And a wonderful think happened yesterday:  We have a little lady who has a very rare brain disease that is literally shrinking it in size.....and we never know what she will lose next.  For me, this is one definition of Hell.  Anyway, she was to have surgery yesterday and I went to see her.  
She hasn't been talking much...can't....certainly no sentences, just words now and again.  We also don't know how much she really understands. So I went in and talked soothingly and held her hand and prayed with her [and when we prayed, she bowed her head and closed her eyes and I thought THAT was the miracle of the day--and it would have been enough!]  And the nurse came in and explained that they were moving the surgery up as far as time and she was so glad I was there because her family was not going to be able to get there in time [And I thought THAT was the miracle and it would have been enough!]
I left and actually met her husband downstairs and we spent a moment together and then he hurried up to be with her for a little bit before surgery [And I thought, is THAT the miracle?]
He called me yesterday afternoon and she got through the surgery [is THAT the miracle?] but they don't know how the hip will recover.
And then he said,  "When I walked in the room, she grabbed my hand and with a bright smile said, 'Rev. Pat was just here'."
They were ALL miracles...but for me, of course, the last was the sweetest of all...thank you God and thank you Marla....I will NEVER forget that you were glad I was there. 
THAT is MORE than enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment