Monday, November 12, 2012

This morning I was working on my article for the December newsletters which, of course, were on Advent....and I got to thinking a lot about this whole idea of Peace.
I have been working on Inner Peace my whole life....just part of the journey I have had.  Now, I am in a place where I  can, at least, get to that place of inner quiet and peace.
Many cannot.
Many cannot be still enough.
Many cannot stand the silence.
Many cannot trust that in the stillness
and the silence
is
God.
And that in the quiet voice of God, there is true peace.  The kind that scripture speaks of as passing all understanding.
The kind of peace that--if the whole world could truly experience it--would lead to world peace.
For if the world could experience the still, silent, peace of God, then the world would look at one another with new eyes.
Eyes that would see beauty and not threat.
Eyes that would be curious, not suspicious.
Eyes that would be gentle, not violent.
Eyes
of
God.

No comments:

Post a Comment