Saturday, January 19, 2013

Gosh.....a week done already!  It goes so fast! I have read 4 books [already had read an additional 3 to get a head start], participated in 10 hours of workshops and met with my professor once.  Wow!  So much is swirling around in my brain and I have pages of notes already.
It is SO SO SO important for me to take time to recharge like this!  Some would think this is yucky and that's ok, but for me, this is honey and milk and meat for my soul.
My prayers are reflecting the nutrition already.  My attitude is as well.  I am more joyful and less tired.
I have had other wonderful experiences this week.  I met with the wonderful woman I am mentoring in ministry and I am praying for such clarity and wisdom for her in this time.  We had a meeting that blessed us both and I thank God for that.
One of the great joys was that I was released from Physical Therapy this week---YAYAYAYAYAY!!!  They call me the over-achiever and encouraged me not to overdo but I met all the goals so I can continue on my own.
I spent time quilting and reading one of my favorite fiction authors---YAY! and even got the Christmas tree down!
Today is a day of play---all play!  Going to do a little shopping, have lunch out and swim and the fitness center.  Then home for a marathon of NUMBERS or DOWNTON ABBEY.
One of the things I promised myself on sabbatical was that I was going to experience small church worship in other denominations to see what they are doing and to gain perspective and appreciation for God in other ways...so...I am not going to a Disciples church tomorrow.....first time in many years.  But I look forward to being fed because God is truly in all places and with all people.
Whoever reads this....bless you!  And  thanks for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment