Wednesday, January 30, 2013

So much learning and so many different ideas roaming around in my head....it's great but I'm afraid I will forget much of it too soon.....at least I'll have my notes.
Watching the workshops and talking and writing has been an excellent exercise for me. I haven't done that in a long time and I've missed it.  I love the discussions in bible study and discussions I have with individuals but that is different. This is--yes it's selfish--for me, and it feels great.
I wouldn't want to do this all the time of course, because I'm really beginning to miss my people a lot! But, it has been wonderful and I still have another couple of weeks to get fed.
Next week is mostly fun, which will be a nice break.  And then, the last few days will be in silence and prayer....another very good exercise for me.
God is so amazing!
I am constantly touched and aware of the Spirit moving in and around me in people, in nature, in books and even in times of fun and relaxing.  My awareness is much higher right now and for that, I'm quite grateful.
I do miss the folks at the churches.  I'm acutely aware that today was Mary Magnuson's funeral and I missed being there...I spent that time in prayer for all of them.
But being at home for much of the time has made it a blessing and difficult to really remove myself from the churches.  Blessing because spiritually I feel close to them.  But difficult because I know I have not totally let go during this time.
God has been a blessing in this too though.  Sometimes when I am reading I think of particular people or programs or situations at the churches and I think I am more aware of those because I am close.
I still have work to do and fun to have.  And I ask God's blessings on all of us during this time so that when we all come back together it will be with great joy and anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment